We are seeking a HUD Capital Needs Assessment Field Engineer to perform HUD Capital Needs Assessment (CNA) field observations of multifamily and health care properties. There will also be the opportunity to apply your relevant experience in our other engineering due diligence service lines, including Property Condition Assessments and Equity Property Condition Reports for retail, commercial, and industrial properties. The successful candidate will perform independent research of local and state resources; interview persons familiar with the property and conduct historical research to compile the information required for PCNA reports in accordance with ASTM and HUD standards and client specific scopes of work. Desired Education / Experience:
- A Bachelors Degree in Engineering, Architecture, or Construction is preferred; however, relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
- 3 – 10 years of experience completing HUD Capital Needs Assessments.
- Excellent report writing skills, computer and internet skills.
- Experience working in a fast-paced consulting firm with the ability to independently manage multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills. Applicant will be required to interview property owner and managers and communicate findings to senior technical staff at EBI.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills. This position will require you to simultaneously manage electronic deliverables for several ongoing projects.
- Ability to complete assignments on-time and within budget.
- This position will require travel primarily throughout the region, as well as occasional trips throughout the US in an effort to support national needs. The position typically involves approximately 40% field time and 60% office time.