Job Summary:The Project Manager will work within EBI’s HUD Architectural, Engineering, and Cost Review (AEC) service line and will function as part of an AEC project team that generally consists of the Project Manager, the Cost Analyst, and the Plan Reviewer. The AEC team works jointly to complete the HUD Plan Review and Cost Analysis required for substantial rehabilitation, new construction, adaptive re-use, and historical preservation projects primarily associated with multifamily and health care properties. The Project Manager will have a working knowledge of building performance, construction and/or design experience with emphasis on Multifamily and/or Healthcare. The Project Manager will work under the direction of the AEC group leader and will be responsible for the overall execution of each AEC construction project review. The Project Manager will coordinate the efforts of the AEC team to ensure successful execution of each AEC project and will be expected to manage multiple projects concurrently. The Project Manager will be in responsible charge of the generation, revision, and production of reports throughout the life cycle of each AEC project. The Project Manager will additionally be responsible for working collaboratively with the lender, development team, and outside architects/engineers to develop project schedules and milestones, establish project deliverables, commitments, and resolve deficiencies. Primary Duties and Responsibilities:Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Act as “point of contact” for project coordination through final reporting.
- Coordinate the efforts of AEC team members (e.g., Cost Estimators and Plan Reviewers) in the completion of the project.
- Effectively facilitate and manage all project-critical issues, including, but not limited to, deadlines, project communications, project meetings, client revisions, deliverables, status reports, and quality control.
- Create and monitor internal/external timelines for deliverables.
- Assist in the investigation and reporting of subject site findings for inclusion in reviews and reports.
- Assembly and review of reserve for replacement, funding schedules, and HUD’s CNA e-Tool.
Desired Education / Experience:
- Coordinate/attend project conference calls and meetings, as necessary.
- Coordinate, participate and/or conduct site visits, as necessary.
- Review and maintain project submittal checklists with clients to ensure all necessary elements are incorporated into the report.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, or construction management preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years previous experience in construction administration, construction management, architecture, engineering, or similar.
- Experience as a needs assessor working with HUD processing requirements is desirable.
- Ability to read and interpret construction documents and specifications.
- Building construction experience and building codes knowledge.
- Understand plan development, construction administration, or project management (when working, as or with, a design professional).
- Have and maintain a working knowledge of the HUD MAP Guide.
- Strong written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and client management skills.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong time management skills. Ability to independently establish priorities and coordinate and complete competing assignments within established timeframes.
- Flexibility, initiative, good judgment and discretion:
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion when communicating with clients.
- Flexibility to work effectively in a changing environment.
- Ability to adapt to changes in work environment, work assignments, and/or changes in priorities.
- Excellent typing, proofreading, and editing skills.
- Computer skills with experience in word processing, spreadsheet applications and preparing Adobe pdf documents.