TitleSenior Project Manager, Construction Loan Monitoring
LocationCalifornia
Department NameRE Construction Loan Monitoring
Description
Position Summary
Our Construction services team is seeking a Senior Project Manager (PM) for commercial Construction consulting. Our industry leading Construction Consulting services group provides our clients with comprehensive on-site reviews of ongoing commercial construction projects of all sizes. We provide detailed Construction Plan and Cost Reviews (CPCRs) and comprehensive construction loan monitoring (CLM) reports on the progress of the work, draw reviews and realistic risk management. The Senior PM will assist with Business Development activities in addition to their technical work.  Specifically, EBI has full-time Sales Account Executives who sell EBI services full-time. The Senior PM will assist them with client calls/meetings and proposals. It is expected that technical services (field /desktop work) will comprise 65% of the job. The remaining 35% will be devoted to further developing our existing clients and assisting with Business development in the pursuit of new opportunities. 

To be clear, this is not a direct sales job, but client references, previous business development experience, account management, and account growth are all positives for the candidate. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrable history of establishing successful business relationships with clients ordering Construction Consulting-related services and direct experience as the “point of contact” for clients ordering the work. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to review, visit and evaluate a wide variety of construction and renovation projects in the western US. Our client base includes top construction and commercial real estate lenders and investors of all types. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to meet and work with many lending and investing professionals in our western US region. The position requires a working knowledge of all aspects of commercial construction, extensive experience in and a full understanding of the construction monitoring process including plan and cost evaluations, construction monitoring and draw reviews as they relate to all types of construction projects. In this role your responsibilities will include the generation of Construction Monitoring Reports, direct client management and relationship building, as well as direct, in-person technical support for local operations and sales teams.

Professional Experience Requirements:  
  • 10 years plus+ experience completing construction draw reviews or preparing construction requisitions
  • History of establishing successful business relationships with clients buying Construction Consulting-related services
  • Prior experience in Construction, Construction Monitoring and Construction Consulting
  • Prior experience with proposals, client management, and working with Sales to expand services
  • A thorough understanding of both site civil and vertical construction
  • Proven ability to independently manage multiple projects, clients and deadlines
  • Excellent communication skills
  • Solid report writing skills are essential and will be evaluated
  • Proficiency with MS Word and Excel 
Education and Certifications:  
  • Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Construction or related field is required
  • Prior work experience will be considered
  • Construction consulting experience preferred 
Specific Requirements:  
  • In this position you can expect to travel primarily in the southern California region; however, the ability to travel on the West Coast as needed is also a plus.  Limited travel outside southern California is anticipated quarterly.